△工学技術英語ＩＢ（Communication Skills for Engineers IB）[3A37]
Ｓ．ブルック 准教授 [ 教員業績 JP EN ]
- This course is designed to continue to introduce students to pre-intermediate level Communicative English. Students will again work both individually and in groups giving presentations. Students will also develop their competence in general communicative English, critical thinking, and discussion skills. Students are expected to research, prepare for and contribute to weekly class discussions and complete all assigned tasks.
- There are no pre-requisites, although completion of the first year English courses and the first semester course will help prepare students for this course.
- Students will practice all four skills in English and will further develop their skills in discussing topics in small groups, writing short reports, and giving presentations using Powerpoint.
- Week 1 Student orientation/Course overview
Week 2 Unit 7: Infinitives and Modifiers
Week 3 Unit 8 and Review: Confusing Verbs and Adverbs of Manner
Week 4 Unit 9: Phobias and Biographies
Week 5 Unit 9: Phobias and Biographies
Week 6 Review and Test
Week 7 Presentations
Week 8 Unit 10: Word Building and Noun Formation
Week 9 Unit 10: Word Building and Noun Formation
Week 10 Reading Report, Writing Report
Week 11 Unit 11: Phrasal Verbs
Week 12 Unit 12: Verb Phrases
Week 13 Review Test, Presentations
Week 14 Course Review
This class is taught entirely in English.
- Assessment: Writing Tasks 10%, Reading Tasks 10%, Presentations 20%,
Participation/Leadership/Homework 20%, Tests 40%
- English File Third Edition Pre-Intermediate Student Book, by Clive Oxenden, Christina Latham-Koenig. & Paul Seligson, Oxford
University Press, ISBN-10: 0194598659, ISBN-13: 978-0194598651
- English File Third Edition Pre-Intermediate Workbook by Clive Oxenden, Christina Latham-Koenig, Paul Seligson, Oxford University Press, ISBN-10: 019459873X, ISBN-13: 978-0194598736
- Tues: 12:50-1:40
Copyright(c)2016 Kogakuin University. All Rights Reserved.