△Communication Skills for Global Engineers IIIA[2E24]
Ｓ．ブルック 准教授 [ 教員業績 JP EN ]
- This course is designed to introduce students to intermediate level Engineering English. Students will work in groups giving presentations on Engineering-related subjects. Students will develop their communicative competence in Engineering English, critical thinking, and discussion skills. Students are expected to research, prepare for and contribute to weekly class discussions and complete all assigned tasks.
- There are no pre-requisites, although completion of the second year English courses will help prepare students for this course.
- Use Engineering English in international environments and teams.
Students will practice all four skills in English and will further develop their intermediate skills in discussing technical topics in small groups, writing short reports, and giving presentations using Powerpoint.
- Week 1 Student orientation/Course overview
Week 2 Unit 1: Jobs and Emails
Week 3 Unit 2: Specifications and Features
Week 4 Unit 3: Instructions and Mechanisms
Week 5 Unit 4: Processes
Week 6 Review and Test
Week 7 Presentations
Week 8 Unit 5: Tracking and Visitors
Week 9 Unit 6: Planning and Comparisons
Week 10 Unit 7: Regulations and Documentation
Week 11 Unit 8: Causes and Results
Week 12 Unit 9: Materials and Inventions
Week 13 Review and Test
Week 14 Presentations
This class is taught entirely in English.
- Assessment: Writing Tasks 10%, Presentations 30%,
Participation/Leadership/Homework 20%, Tests 40%
- Tech Talk Intermediate Student's Book, Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-457541-6
- Professional English in Use: Engineering, by Mark Ibbotson, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0-521-73488-2
- Tues: 12:50-1:40
Copyright(c)2016 Kogakuin University. All Rights Reserved.