- The aim of this course is to improve students’ ability to address an audience in English. Through guided practice, students will learn to research and present their findings, clearly and confidently. Attention will be given to developing and improving intonation, enunciation, gestures, posture and question response.
- None. However, students should be prepared to communicate in English. The course will be conducted in English.
- Students will have developed the ability to address an audience in English. Students have learned to research and present their findings, clearly and confidently. They have developed and improved intonation, enunciation, gestures, posture and question response.
- 1.Guidelines and expectations
2.Cycle 1 / Topic 1 / People
3.Research and note taking / Presentations
5.Presentation practice / Reflections
6.Cycle 2 / Topic 2 / People
7.Research and note taking / Presentations
9.Presentation practice / Reflections
10.Cycle 3 / Topic 3 / People
11.Research and note taking / Presentations
13.Presentation practice / Reflections
- Prints will be provided by the teacher.
- Please make an appointment with the teacher
- This class will focus on preparation and presentation. Students will be expected to spend at least 2 hours researching/note taking and preparing for class each week. Students who do not take the time to prepare, should not expect to be successful. This class will require self-motivation and enthusiasm at all times. The class will be challenging but if you work hard, your presentation skills will certainly improve.
Please note that the above syllabus is flexible and will be adapted to the students who take the class. I look forward to meeting you in April.
Copyright(c)2015 Kogakuin University. All Rights Reserved.