△Reading Skills in English IIA
- The aim of this reading class is to develop and improve English reading skills. Students who take the class will read true news articles and human interest stories, discuss the contents and answer comprehension questions. Outside the class, students will also be expected to read graded English readers as part of their homework assignments. In class we will not only read, but will take the time to discuss what we read and share our feelings and opinions in English. Active participation will be expected, so a high level of motivation is required for success.
- None. However, students should be prepared to communicate in English. The course will be conducted in English.
- Students have read true news articles and human interest stories, discussed the contents and answered comprehension questions. Students have read graded English readers as part of their homework assignments. Students can discuss what they read and share their feelings and opinions in English.
- 1.Introductions & expectations
8.Mid semester mini test
14.Final reading test
Intensive reading: 20%
- Prints will be provided by the teacher
- Please make an appointment with the teacher
- This syllabus is flexible. The class will progress at an appropriate speed for the students. In this class the students will be expected to be motivated and willing to participate actively. We will work hard but the atmosphere of the class will be relaxed and enjoyable. I look forward to meeting you in April.
Copyright(c)2015 Kogakuin University. All Rights Reserved.