△English Lecture Series/Workshops
足立 節子 准教授 [ 教員業績 JP EN ]
カーニー マイケル 准教授 [ 教員業績 JP EN ]
- The premise behind the Kogakuin English Lecture Series is to provide Kogakuin students and faculty, and the community in general, with the opportunity to experience an eclectic and diverse forum where invited speakers give lectures on their areas of expertise.
- Students will improve their knowledge on the specific areas of the lectures given, and their English abilities will improve. After this course, students should be able to listen to a lecture in English, take notes, ask questions, and write a response paper.
- The Kogakuin English Lecture Series will feature two to four guest speakers annually. The lecture topics will be wide ranging in scope so as to offer students, academics, and the general public insights in to technological, scientific, cultural, and social modes of thought. Students enrolled in both Kogakuin's English Communications Skills Program (undergraduate) and Kogakuin's Postgraduate Intercultural Communications Course will be required to attend these lectures, participate in post-lecture discussions, and write short papers on the topics presented.
Students will have writing homework. The professor will give oral and written feedback.
- Grades will be issued by the ECSP and PICC instructors based upon students' attendance at the lectures, participation in post-lecture symposiums, and on their written reports.
- No text is required.
- By appointment with ECSP and PICC instructors.
Copyright(c)2015 Kogakuin University. All Rights Reserved.